The end of CatchChat?


Dear reader,

today I am sharing a piece that has more to do with the actual blog itself and not with a topic about the wrestling world.

As you may have noticed: The articles have become quite sporadic. There are two reasons for this:

1. People just stopped reading. Wether it be a matchcard, an opinion-piece or a list. Nobody clicks anymore.

2. Due to other opportunities life has presented me I am not able to give you the quality you deserve anymore.

So what does this mean? Well just ending it all together is not really what I would like to do. But I can not put out a quality piece every week anymore currently. Just releasing something for the sake of it does not make sense to me. I rather give you a topic I have fully sank my teeth in than 2 paragraphs of nonsense.


Despite this blog being a very small thing in the grand universe of wrestling, I would like to thank everyone that has ever read an article here and also those who then reached out to me and gave me the opportunites I now have. It still shocks me, but that is what makes this business beautiful.

Despite CatchChat reducing its output, my wrestling opinion will still be out there.

GF Der Talk, a german podcast, has kindly invited me into their family so if you are able to understand the german language be our guest, I might pop up there every once in a while.
http://www.gftalk.de/specials.php

I also would like to thank Liam Winnard and his Wrestlevision Crew that gave me an outlet to explore the YouTube side of the wresting business.

By writing this blog I also natrually gained more and more interest in other wrestling promotions outside of WWE and, despite watching their content a lot over the years, I finally decided to fully lean into the output of wXw last year and it has been a great decission. Starting next year I will be visiting all their Oberhausen Wrestling Events.
Check wxw-wrestling.com for more information.

And of course there is WrestleTalk. Oli Davis and Luke Owen of WrestleTalk gave me the idea to start this blog back in February of 2018. It is crazy how fast things have changed back then and now I can proudly call myself a WrestleTalk Writer and also Manager of the official WrestleTalk Discord.
Check out wrestletalk.com for more information.

Like 1,5 years ago I would have never thought I could just do what I like in the wrestling business and now I am doing all of it. Thank you to everyone and I will see you soon.